Lipoma Removal Jacksonville
Our board-certified experts in Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery are here to safely and effectively remove your lipomas and to help you look as good as you feel.
What Is a Lipoma?
A lipoma is a benign (noncancerous) growth of fat cells. Lipomas most often occur on the torso, neck, and proximal extremities, but they can occur anywhere on the body.
Lipoma Removal Surgery
Lipoma removal is performed using local anesthesia in an outpatient surgical procedure. This creates the safest and most effective environment for lipoma removal. After the site is anesthetized, an incision is made through the skin to expose the lipoma. A meticulous dissection is performed to separate the lipoma from your normal tissues. Once the lipoma is removed, the skin is sutured together.
When Should You Consider Removing a Lipoma?
When lipomas grow or enlarge, they can cause pain and discomfort by compressing nerves, muscle tissue, or blood vessels. As lipomas grow, they can create deformities that cause cosmetic concerns.
- Large lipomas that cause deformity or pain
- Lipomas that interfere with normal functions
- Lipomas that cause distress or cosmetic concerns
Recovery After Lipoma Surgery
- After surgery, you should take it easy and minimize your physical activity for the first week.
- You may return to non-physical work the next day.
- A pressure dressing over the incision site is left in place for 24-48 hours.
- You should keep the surgical site dry for 24 hours. You can shower after 24 hours.
Schedule Your Consultation
At Jacksonville Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery, we offer comprehensive, custom-tailored treatment plans that can significantly improve your skin’s appearance. If you have additional questions concerning blue light treatment, schedule your consultation today by calling (904) 420-7372. You can feel comfortable visiting our office. We provide the highest quality care in a warm and compassionate environment.