Our Board Certified experts in Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery treat forehead wrinkles with Botox and Dysport.
What causes forehead wrinkles?
Forehead wrinkles start to become noticeable in our 30s. Initially, forehead lines only show when we raise our forehead, but these lines begin to show with time even when we are not moving our forehead. Forehead wrinkles are caused by repeated movement, sun damage, normal aging, and genetics.
How to get rid of forehead wrinkles?
The best treatment for forehead wrinkles are neuromodulators such as Botox and Dysport. Botox and Dysport are FDA-approved for treating dynamic wrinkles such as forehead lines, frown lines (11s), and crow’s feet. Botox and Dysport temporarily inhibit muscle movement, which prevents the formation of wrinkles. Dynamic wrinkles are lines caused by muscle movement, such as raising your forehead or smiling.
What are the benefits of Botox and Dysport?
- Erase fine lines and wrinkles
- Forehead Lines
- Frown Lines (11s, between your eyebrows)
- Crow’s Feet (lines around your eyes)
- Refreshed appearance in just 1 week
- Minimally invasive with no downtime or recovery
Dysport or Botox Results for your Forehead
Forehead lines can be significantly reduced and even erased with Botox and Dysport. In just one week, you will notice your forehead lines fade substantially, and some will even see these lines disappear. Results depend on the extent of your wrinkles and the strength of your muscles. Sometimes multiple treatments are needed to achieve a significant improvement. Treatment results typically last 3.5 months, and some patients still notice benefits at 6 months.
Customizing Botox and Dysport treatments for our Patients:
Our expert cosmetic dermatologists at FL Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery use Botox and Dysport to give you a naturally refreshed appearance.
We will listen to you during your consultation, perform a thorough evaluation, and provide you with an individualized treatment plan to address your specific needs and concerns. We want you to leave our office looking like yourself with beautiful natural enhancement.
What else do we use Botox and Dysport for?
- Facial Contouring – Do you use makeup for contouring? We use Botox and Dysport at Jacksonville Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery. These treatments can enhance the appearance of your cheekbones by narrowing the soft tissue below to create a more contoured look. We place injections into your masseter muscle to help sculpt your lower face and accentuate your cheeks.
- Brow Lift – Want an eyebrow lift without the surgery? We use Botox and Dysport to give you a non-surgical eyebrow lift for a more refreshed look. We relax the muscles pulling your eyebrows down, which gives your eyebrows a natural lift.
- Nefertiti Lift – The Nefertiti Lift was named after Queen Nefertiti, an Egyptian Pharaoh revered for her beauty and power. We use Botox and Dysport to relax the muscles pulling down on your jawline as well as the muscles that cause neck bands. This produces a lifting and tightening of the jawline and a toned and smooth neck without surgery.
- TMJ, Teeth Grinding, or Jaw Pain – If you have TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder), grind your teeth at night, or wake up with pain in your jaw, you might notice a significant improvement with Botox. Your masseter muscles, which help you chew, may be overactivated and enlarged. We use Botox and Dysport to help these muscles relax. This helps improve your TMJ, teeth grinding, or jaw pain. Patients are amazed at the results this treatment provides.
- Gummy Smile – Do your gums show when you smile? We can relax the overactive muscles pulling up on your lip with Botox and Dysport. When these muscles are relaxed, only your teeth will show when you smile. We are not dentists, but we all love a beautiful smile!
- Golf Ball Chin – When you contract your chin, does it look like a golf ball? We can help you with golf ball chin by relaxing your chin (mentalis) muscles using Botox and Dysport. This will provide you a beautiful smooth chin.
Are Botox and Dysport safe?
Yes, Botox and Dysport are the most common aesthetic procedures performed, with more than 1 million people having received injections. Complications from Botox and Dysport are uncommon when performed by board-certified cosmetic dermatologists.
The most common side effects include:
- Bruising at the injection site
- Temporary eyelid droop (ptosis)
What is the difference between Botox and Dysport?
Botox and Dysport are both neuromodulators FDA approved for treating fine lines and wrinkles of the forehead, glabella (frown lines), and eyes (Crow’s feet). Each product works similarly to inhibit muscle movement, which improves the appearance of wrinkles. Overall, these two products are very similar and neither has been shown to produce superior results to the other. At Jacksonville Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery we offer both neuromodulators.
Choose Jacksonville Dermatology & Plastic Surgery
Jacksonville Dermatology & Plastic Surgery can help you explore options to rejuvenate or refine your appearance to help you look and feel your best. We can help you improve your complexion, confidence and achieve younger and healthier-looking skin!
We deliver remarkable patient experiences through quality, compassion, & innovation. We are a team who cares deeply about our neighbors & are a positive resource to the community.